De Adriaan
De Adriaan is a rebuilt corn mill overlooking the Spaarne river — the original 18th-century mill burned down in 1932, and the current structure is a careful 2002 reconstruction on the same site. It now functions as a small museum on Haarlem's milling history and windmill mechanics, with a viewing platform offering views along the river and over the city.
It's a compact, quick stop rather than a major destination, best combined with a walk along the Spaarne or paired with the Frans Hals Museum and Grote Markt nearby.
De Adriaan FAQs
No, the original burned down in 1932; the current mill is a faithful reconstruction completed in 2002 on the same riverside site.
About 30-45 minutes covers the small museum and viewing platform.
No, it's typically closed Mondays and Tuesdays — check current hours before visiting.
Yes, there's access to viewing levels within the mill offering views over the Spaarne and city.
Yes, it's a walkable distance from the Grote Markt and Frans Hals Museum, making it easy to combine into a broader city walk.
Reviews/Comments
No comments yet — be the first.